Thursday, December 13, 2018

Mid-December Panic

Perhaps "panic" is too strong a word, but I do have something of a quandary on my hands. It occurs to me this early morning 13 days into the month that I ought to decide if I am going to continue blogging or not. My last post was on the first, and I really have not even had additional blog posts planned. Perhaps this is because I have really not been sewing very much. Instead, I have been focusing on finishing the fall semester at OUC, and getting ready for the holidays.


Some of the "getting ready for the holidays" has involved stitching. I pulled out all my little trees this year. These didn't make the cut last Christmas, but since we are hosting several "events" this month, I thought I'd go all out with the Christmas decorating. On one of the little trees, I planned to use my garland of homespun yoyos for a primitive look. I discovered that my 15-year-old garland was much shorter that I remembered, so I made more to add onto it. This is the extent of the sewing I have done this month - 40 more yoyos.


I cut out the circles and carried them (along with snippers, needle and thread) on a quick overnight to my brother-in-law's house last weekend. I am happy to report that I stitched them all, and attached them, too. Satisfying way to keep my hands busy during drive time and such.


The tree looks a bit lopsided in this photo, but I have not noticed that in person. Strange. Oh well, my little tree makes me happy with its twinkly lights, tiny bulbs and garland of yoyos. A simple tree, to be sure.

Here's a larger view of the corner in which it sits. The piano is from my mother's; we got it about 25 years ago when she moved into town. The Noel cross stitch on the wall is from over 35 years ago; I stitched it from a stamped pattern. The tree came from my Frienzie Kay when she and her husband moved (downsized) just a few years ago.

Tomorrow I have the first of my "events" - the Frankfort girls are coming for brunch and a Christmas gift exchange. If we happen to get around to stitching, well then, all the better! It will be a fun morning, for sure.

So, about this blogging thing. The long and the short of it is this: I am going to make a decision by the first of the year about whether or not to continue. I have not missed blogging this month. Is it time to move on? Do I just stop or take a break? (As if I haven't already taken a break!)

In previous stretches of time when I would fail to blog regularly, I always had a nagging guilty conscience that pushed me to post. That hasn't happened this time. I just haven't even thought about it.

Blogging has never seemed a chore to me. Lately, though, the time and the effort of keeping a blog  going has been more work than pleasure. That's not how it should be, to my way of thinking.

I definitely have some decisions to make. If I am going to continue, I want to do it right, give it the effort it deserves.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. You will be missed. How about just posting when you have a project to show? Or just post when you feel like it and don't feel guilty when you don't. Whatever you decide, Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!