Saturday, December 22, 2018

Sewing With Sharon

After the Frienzie Brunch on Thursday, Sharon and I headed upstairs to the sewing room. We have been so sporadic in our sewing these past few months. And with my OUC schedule changing next semester, it will get worse before it gets better.

When presented an opportunity for sewing, it must be seized!

Sharon wanted to continue working on her Chock Full O' Charm quilt, which she did. And I have no new pictures of her progress to share. I can use this throwback picture from November, however.


I had a chance to do a bit of fun sewing. Several months ago, Sheryll (of the Frankfort Girls) shared a couple of cute creations that I attempted to imitate. The fabric is Pom Pom de Paris. (I think!)

The center panel is a 6.5-inch square fussy-cut from a fat quarter. The borders were cut at 1.5 inches, and the outer border was cut at 3.5 inches. The finished size is 21.5 inches and it is now ready for quilting. Or, I might make more and see what I come up with.

It felt good to get back to the sewing machine. All the holiday prepping and semester finishing and friendly gathering have limited the sewing time. I do love all those other things, and savor them all for the blessings they are. Sewing/quilting is always on standby when things slow down.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!