Tuesday, February 5, 2019

9-Patch Group Project - Part 1

The girls I quilt with -you've heard me speak often and fondly of the Frankfort Girls - have come up with a fun little project that will culminate late in March. Structured much like the cookie exchanges many of us know from Christmas time, we are having a 9-patch exchange.

We are all making 40 blocks constructed with 2.5" squares, yielding blocks that are 6.5". Most of mine are two-fabric blocks like the black and neutral one above. I constructed all of these with strip-piecing methods to speed the process. Here are a few more of my particular favorites.





About a third of my 40 blocks are much scrappier like the one below. I hope the girls go for these blocks. It's sort of hard to gauge the unknowns for this exchange. We made very few rules which will make for some interesting blocks.

To keep my blocks counted and orderly, I use wonder clips to keep 10 blocks together. This is a great way to keep track of where I am number-wise, and prevents me from having to count the same blocks over and over.
Part 2 will post after our late-March meeting when we exchange our blocks. It will be here at my house, and I promise to take pictures of the fun.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!