Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday Hodge-Podge

Or maybe I should title it 'The Weekend Roundup.' I have a little bit of a smorgasbord of material to tell you about today, so prepare for some content that has absolutely no unifying theme. I'm gonna be all over the place.

Friday was a fun day. The Frankfort Girls met at Sheryll's house and all 7 of us were there! Awesome! It is absolutely a total gab-fest when we are all in attendance. Sheryll's husband Bill is an avid photographer, so we commandeered him to take a few group pictures of  us.

Around the table starting with Jan (in pink), Helen, Jayne, Sharon, Becky, Terry, Sheryll
I thought you'd like to have some faces to put with the names I frequently reference. Since Helen is just peeking over Jan's head, here's a shot from the opposite view.

If you are not in a sewing circle, you are seriously missing out on some fantastic fellowship and friendship. These ladies keep me challenged and motivated to make-make-make all the quilts!

Our group meets every-other-Friday morning, 9-noon. The next meeting will be at Sharon's where we will have our 9-patch exchange. I am really looking forward to that.

On Friday afternoon, I took our truck to have some servicing - regularly scheduled maintenance stuff like rotating tires, changing oils, checking fluids and filters, and so on. No pics of that, but I will show you a picture of our Ridgeline. It's the first truck we've ever owned, and we love driving it (that's good, b/c our younger daughter has had our car for the last month!). We got the truck in early September, used, from a local dealer here that we've done business with for years.

Then Friday evening we celebrated National Margarita Day at our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Cascada in Hillsboro. We go nearly every Friday. And they have the best margaritas, hands down. Trust me on this! Here's us enjoying our drinks - and each other!


Okay, so with all that fun on Friday, what could possibly top that on Saturday? Well let me tell you, I managed to have a pretty spectacular Saturday, to be honest. I finished the quilt top for the Double 9 Patch made with the good blocks (see previous post for good/bad situation).



Don't you love how great this border fabric works with the blocks!? Adds lots of pizzazz! I am so very happy with the way this turned out, and I am glad I made the version with the good blocks first. Now, when I turn my attention to the wonky blocks, I will be less likely to fuss about how terrible it goes together; it will be an effort just to make an everyday quilt that can be tossed around and used roughly, if need be.

Saturday night, we went to the Columbus Symphony at the Ohio Theater in Columbus with our friends Cheryl and her daughter Elisa. The concert was a Tribute to the Eagles with a group called Hotel California. What a treat to hear that great Eagles music with the symphonic sounds of strings and horns. Delightful.

And afterwards, we made a quick stop over at our older daughter's house nearby for cocktails and coffee. That was a sweet, unplanned visit - but the concert ended early enough and we were so close - it just needed to happen.

And that brings us to Sunday, today, and that means Slow Sunday Stitching. I have zoomed in on one of the group pictures to prove that I really do stitch on my Lake Effect EPP when I am with the Frankfort Girls. Really! I do! And I am going to stitch on it today, too, while we watch a few old movies on TCM's 30 Days of Oscar. We have watched quite a few award-winning oldies in the last few weeks. Very entertaining.

Stop over at Kathy's Quilts for her Sunday link-up feature of projects others are doing the Slow Sunday way.

Have a great Sunday, folks!
Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. Double 9 patches looks great. Sounds like you all had a lovely time. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! Love your little travel box, we trust that you do get a few stitches in! Enjoy your afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Enjoy stitching on your EPP project!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!