Thursday, February 28, 2019

February Wrap-Up

It has been a wet and gray month here, and I am glad to see March on the horizon! But those miserable weather day did allow for a good bit of sewing and quilting, so it's not all bah-humbug, right?!

My wrap-up for this month includes - what else? - 9-patch blocks! I  have really been on a roll with those for two months. There were some other fun things, too, so let's have a look.

I started the embroidery project that my sewing buddy and long-time friend Sharon gave me. I am stumped with making something called a "colonial knot" - once I figure that out I will have a finish. The first 9-patch is awaiting completion when I get the blocks from the Frankfort Girls' 9-patch exchange. The picture of the clean table in the foreground shows the aforementioned Sharon hard at work on her Chock Full O' Charm quilt (which I just now realize, I have yet to share). I need to get on that. We had a nice long day of sewing in the middle of the month, which prompted my clearing off the table and her finishing her quilt top.

I have already shared the great book I listened to - twice - on Overdrive. It was just as good the second time around. DH is shown with his margarita on National Margarita Day, last Friday. And the last pic in the middle row is from the balcony of the gorgeous Ohio Theater, where we went last Saturday to hear the Columbus Symphony.

The bottom row shows off my two double 9-patch quilts that came from the tub of one UFO. That has been a gratifying finish, for sure. Then I have a picture of the sweet FQpack from Temecula Quilt Company, and last, my Frienzies - around Pam's dining room table on Monday. She fixed a wonderful dinner; what fun we always have.

I am exhausted from a day spent grading, and grocery shopping, and a quick trip to Columbus to exchange cars with DDEmma. We'd lent ours to her while she shops for a new one. Busy, busy.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. You had a full month. I ran across the colonial knot back in the 80's when candle wicking was the rage. I took a lesson at our county extension office. The colonial knot is a different way of doing a french knot. I really couldn't see any different between the two after stitching, so to this day, I just make a french knot. The police haven't shown up yet! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!