Monday, February 25, 2019

Audio Books and Happy Book Hangovers


I have had a wonderful couple of weeks listening to two of the most delightful books. Both the titles listed here left me in that wonderful "book hangover" state. I have so looked forward to sewing while I listen to engaging novels like these.

First, my book club will this week be discussing Heft by Liz Moore when we meet on Friday. I will not say more here about it as we generally keep our thoughts to ourselves until we have our meeting. But, truly, you should read this book. Or listen, if you prefer.
 

After moving past my book hangover after Heft, I began Britt-Marie Was Here by Frederik Backman.  A year or so ago our book club discussed his book, A Man Called Ove. It earned overwhelming "thumbs up" from our group, so I had high hopes for Britt-Marie; I was not disappointed. It was so engaging that I have restarted it and am listening to it all over again. Backman has such a talent for storytelling. The subtle way he infuses humor and insight has enthralled me entirely. 


The sewing has been very rewarding with these books playing within earshot. Do you have any recommendations for me? I would love to hear them!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. I loved Brit-Marie Was Here, then read A Man Called Ove, fantastic, and I just started listening to My Granmother Asked Me to Tell You She Is Sorry. I will have to check out Heft, I have not heard of that book.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!