Friday, May 7, 2021

Returning To Scrappy Work

 I took a lot of time off from working on this quilt. Click here to see the previous effort, from way back in March of last year. At that point, I thought I was so close to having a finish, yet when I laid it out and saw that it barely covered half of the bed, I was a bit crestfallen. I promptly put that bad boy aside and began working on other projects.

Lately, the urge to return to this scrappy 4-patch has been niggling at me. So here are some snippets of recent process.

From the Nelsonville retreat.

From Wednesday; sewing with Sharon.

A plentiful supply of triangles.

Today I am sewing over at Terry's with some of the Frankfort Girls. I will take my Scrappy 4-Patch and all the parts to see what sort of progress I can make. I figure I need at least 70-80 more blocks, so I have a stretch of work ahead of me.

I should mention that with each stage of triangles, I am trimming to size. This has proved time-consuming, yet very necessary. It is surprising that even when you think you are sewing everything exactly the same, the edges are off, almost every time. The nature of triangles, I suppose. Plus, I think my triangles start out a fraction larger than necessary, which is another consideration. I know every block must be trimmed. I've resigned myself to it, and it's really not so bad.

I need to be getting out of here!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




2 comments:

  1. These blocks are very pretty, your quilt will be lovely, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are very pretty, your quilt will be lovely, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!