Saturday, May 15, 2021

Local Art Show

Concerned citizens of our little town are trying their darnedest to revitalize a decaying historic downtown. Determined to save old buildings and attract new business,  new life is slowly returning to this formerly bustling town. 3G hosts several events throughout the year to boost Greenfield's comeback.

Tonight the 3G organization is sponsoring a Wine Walk and Art Show. Sounds like a good time, right? I have entered three little quilts as "art" - yes, I think they qualify. I wanted to show you what I've entered, and while we walk this evening (and sip our wine), I will take some photos and share those later.

 All three of these little gems have been hanging on various walls in the sewing area. I've described them in previous posts, but this post will provide a little recap.

Tossing a few little quilts around on the kitchen table makes for a festive look. I did a whole post on some of my little creations awhile back. Click to revisit here.

Pink Lemonade

Scrappy Stars (it's real name is Pincushion Stars)

4-Patch Scrappy

All were machine pieced and machine quilted. I would venture to say that all were made on more of a whim than on any specific plan or goal. All were made from existing stash fabrics, often scraps that were just left out on the table from the last thing I made. Don't judge! *grin*

When I filled out the paperwork to enter these little quilts in the 3G event, there was a space on the form for indicating if the pieces were for sale. I considered this momentarily, but I don't think so. While I wouldn't mind making money on my quilts, I really like these three little creations. I wouldn't even know what kind of price to put on them, actually.

Scrappy Stars, aka Pincushion Stars, is especially dear. If you read this post, you will see that it provided me my one big claim to fame at that 2016 Ross County Fair. 

Click on the links under each individual quilt to read odd bits and details on when/how the quilts were constructed. 

That's all for today, Peeps! Come on back to see pics of the Wine Walk and Art Show!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!