Saturday, May 1, 2021

Welcome May!

 

A new month for me generally means new goals and plans for quilts. Welcoming May 2021 is no different.

Finishing some WIPs must be a priority - the scrappy 4-patch quilt and the red and white star top that short list. 

Putting a few quilts onto the long arm machine must also be a priority. I do feel much more comfortable with this - gosh, it's about time! - so I need to continue; don't allow myself to become rusty with lack of practice. 

I have a new quilt on my radar - as if I need another one, right?? At the gathering yesterday of the Frankfort Girls, hostess Sheryll shared this gorgeous quilt. I am so utterly enamored with this! Ohio Stars! What a beauty!

One of my 2021 goals is to use my stash of Temecula fabrics, and this is my quilt of choice for that special stuff. It is taking all my self restraint to not go start on it right now. Sheryll did such a great job of blending a variety of shirtings for her neutrals; the stars are on burgundy, black and navy. I am so very much crushing on this quilt. Some of my Temecula collection is shown below; since this first grouping I have acquired more - mostly shirtings - which will be useful in this quilt. Seems sorta' like a perfect match.

Yes, I think I will find plenty to keep me busy in the quilting room, no worries about that. Plus, a bit of spring cleaning, some traveling, and some yard work are in the works. Gonna' be a great month!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!