Sunday, May 16, 2021

Binding Work and Art Show Recap

Seems like I've done quite a lot of binding lately, and that must mean I've been getting things done! Yeah! I like that. The quilt I was binding last month at the quilt retreat is a surprise, therefore you've not seen much of anything on that; and I won't be able to say or show anything until this surprise is gifted. *zip it!*

One project you have seen is the little topper for my mantle. Click here if you missed it. Binding that was super-fast. 

Today, I find myself binding a quilt that is a long-overdue wedding gift.

This quilt will be going to a young man and his bride who have been married a year and a half already. Yes, I am that tardy! My reluctance with the Tin Lizzie machine prevented me from getting this done, and now at last I feel confident in my skills to do a job worthy of a wedding quilt.


Seth and Liz, married in November of 2019, are the son and daughter-in-law of good friends Bob and Vickie. Seth and our son were best buds all through elementary and high school. I've tried to stay caught up with all the friends of our children - their weddings and babies, specifically - alas, I still have some gifting to do, I admit. 


The quilt is one I made in 2019 - a weather vane pattern. It had been on my to-do wish list for quite awhile prior to that. Here's the post with all the background explained.

So, last night we attended the Wine Walk and Art Show in Greenfield. It was fun. I had no idea what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. As intended, it did bring people downtown and gave folks an opportunity to visit shops we might not otherwise ever visit. 

Coffee shop where my mini quilts were displayed.
 

And, circling back to friends of our kids, my quilts were displayed in a coffee shop, Cream n' Sugar, which is owned by Heather and her husband Lee. Heather was a classmate/friend of our older daughter. Heather's brother was another classmate/friend of our son. I love small towns - everyone is so connected.

The mini quilt display.

As we walked we passed murals and sidewalk art.

I am linking up today with Kathy over at her Slow Sunday Stitching party. Coincidentally, she is binding today, too. You should stop by!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my, the fabrics in the wedding quilt are gorgeous. The happy couple, Seth and Liz are going to love it. Small towns are great, aren't they. It's nice knowing everyone and of course the community spirit is always fabulous. It sounds as if your enjoyed your night out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words! I finally finished tacking down the binding a little earlier today, so stay tuned for a proper reveal! 💗

      Delete
  2. I agree with Kim, those fabrics are lovely! That backing fabric is so pretty and cheerful. Great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of you to say that! 🥰 I sometimes wonder about my “eye” for color and patterns. ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!