Friday, May 14, 2021

A Quick Little Mantle Runner

You may have seen that I made a random Ohio Star block based on a quilt that my friend Sheryll made and shared a couple of weeks ago. Here's the post to explain. I then promptly made a second block.

Well, it took far too long for me to realize that I'd not made my blocks like Sheryll's at all! Total opposite, actually.


So I made two blocks the correct way. 


 

However that left me wondering what to do with them. I decided I needed a mantle runner, so I made a 5th block and whipped up this little darling a couple of days ago. 

 

 

Simple quilting is all that it needed, and I used a piece of scrap batting, so it is totally like it's a bonus project. The fabrics came from the existing stash, so - freebie all the way around.

The dark fabric is a very deep navy from some vintage Thimbleberries fabric I have had for ages. The runner looks black in some views, but it is definitely dark navy. The blocks are 6" and with five of them, the length is (hopefully) 30". I didn't measure it, but it can't be far off.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 




2 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!