Sunday, May 23, 2021

Slow Vacation Stitching

Do you take quilting with you when you go away on vacation? I do. I just have to have something that I can work on to fill travel time or evenings in hotel rooms.

Sometimes, I obsess about what to bring along, and end up packing way more than I could or would ever do. This time, I kept it super simple. I just grabbed my little Longaberger basket of Lake Effect applique and popped it in the car. I made sure I had extra needles, beeswax, thread, scissors, and the applique panel; nothing else needed. Perfect traveling companion.

I'm not getting great amounts of stitching done, but bit by bit it makes a difference.

So where are we, you ask??

We left Friday morning and turned the car South - as in South Carolina and Georgia, specifically. We are doing a whirlwind drive through Columbia, Charleston, Savannah, among other locales. We are staying off the interstates as much as possible, and seeing communities, small towns, farms, interesting things that one doesn't see on a super-highway. And we will only be gone about 5 days, so whirlwind is definitely the operative word here. We aren't scheduling anything and are just going where we find something interesting.

Happy Quilting, Friends! I am linking with Kathy for her Slow Sunday Stitching party.


 



6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip you are having! My husband gets in the car and wants to be there immediately. Maybe once he retires we can do a slow crawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful vacation! My husband couldn't do that though, he gets on the road and it's go go go ! I have to beg for bathroom breaks which is why I refuse to travel with him anymore. Every stitch is one more towards being completed. Have a wonderful relaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always take too much with, last year with the world wide lockdown overseas we got stuck there for four months. Everything I took with was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip. I prefer to take knitting or crocheting with me as i worry about losing needles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your trip sounds wonderful! We are planning a week at Rockport Texas for July! It will be hot but the breeze is always great. We are renting a Suite where I can cook (celiac, etc) and Clay can eat out. We have a Suite looking over the Gulf and they have a private pier that we will enjoy! I will take a book and of course some hand work. I love the Longaberger Basket! Enjoy the trip! If I could eat out we would do what you guys are doing, but life presents limitations and we deal with them. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!