Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Starting Again

It seems my case is hopeless. Some quilters have the ability to finish one thing before starting another, but I am not one of them. 


I'm sorta' happy about it, too.

Some of my most enjoyable moments in the entire quilting process come when I am starting a new quilt. Finishes do feel good, don't get me wrong. Taking the last stitch in the quilt top or the quilting or the binding - all those rank right up there on the satisfaction meter. Honestly, though, I believe starting something new beats them all.

I mentioned in this post that I was super-inspired by Sheryll's Ohio Star quilt when we had show and tell last Friday morning. That quilt stayed on my mind all weekend! So, yesterday, I finished up some partial blocks for my 4-patch scrappy quilt, then rewarded myself by allowing ONE block. 


Just a test block, you know. To be sure of the size of my cuts and all that. Yes. 

I've made no more, but I have parts for 3 more cut out. *smile* I tell myself that these can only be made once work has been completed on current WIPs.

And speaking of current WIPs - the Scrappy 4-Patch is coming right along. I have gazillions of 4-patches made, pressed and trimmed. Several had the first round of corner triangles added, and now the final round has been added on these.

As it is a scrappy quilt, I am allowing the 4-patches to be as wild and random as can be. For example, that one on top has a Kaffe Fasset scrap, a shirting scrap, a juvenile scrap, and a calico floral scrap. Quite the mish-mash. The surrounding red is consistent, to give order to the madness. The shirtings are all varied, too. As the quilt comes together, the red seems to do well enough in preventing too much chaotic.

Stitching this week might have to take a back seat to housework. I am hosting the card group on Thursday, and family is coming on Sunday. Not only must I tidy up around here, I have food prep, also! Heavens! Do I remember how???

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

 


 



3 comments:

  1. Just the club! I start a new quilt before the last one (and the one before that, and the one before that one too, and ...) is done! They say variety is the spice of life. I live a very spicy life! haha! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blocks - As soon as I catch up from all UFOs (that means getting them going again or finishing them) I plan on starting a couple of the SALs where I would do a block each week or month. But hoping more that I feel like quilting some tops. Your scrappy is so pretty! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm so with you on the joys of beginning new projects even though I'm surrounded by WIPs!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!