Monday, August 2, 2021

July Wrap-Up

Looking back on what I accomplished and seeing a few highlights of the month is a nice way of keeping myself in check that things are actually being done around here. Some months are chock-full of sewing highlights; others not so much. July was one such month with stuff other than sewing to highlight.

TOP ROW: The Frankfort Girls had a field trip to Vinton County for lunch and a tour or the beautiful residence and retreat center of Kathy Skinner. I wrote about it in this post. I prepped some leaves for my 10-year-project, Lake Effect. And the flimsy for my red and white stars finally became a reality.

MIDDLE ROW: I began a new scrappy quilt called Scrappy Trip Around The World. A family piece of furniture came into my possession and I am attempting (very slowly) to sand it down. Dear son Adam sent this picture of a beautiful cloud in Oregon; however, it is not a cloud. It is the smoke from a wildfire in his area.

BOTTOM ROW: I've begun the process of making new pillows for the front room sofa. The first one is done; the next one is cut out, but sits waiting for a pieced batting and an interfacing. Also waiting are 45 more Ohio Star blocks like those in the center. In the final picture, my two daughters Emma and Erin sit poolside at my sister's for the first of two big family events held in one weekend, one for my side of the family, and one for my in-laws.

I could create an entire collage for July's mini-vacation. After the in-laws were here for the family get-together, DH and I took two days to go to South Bass Island/Put-In-Bay in Lake Erie. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable mini-getaway. Here's one pic of the Perry Monument on the island.

Let's have a fantastic August, what do you say?!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!