Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Another Pillow

On occasion, I find myself in a place where I cannot decided what to work on next. Often this occurs after finishing something. In this case, I finished the Scrappy Irish Chain over the weekend, and ever since, I have been in some sort of limbo as I attempt to focus on what my next 'thing' will be. I itemized an ongoing series of projects in this post - that was intended to help with focusing, but it did not. 

This morning, I decided to select one thing that I could definitely get done with the least amount of effort. That one thing would also free up some space in my sewing room, something that is always desirable.

At least two weeks ago, I quilted the front and back panel for the second front room pillow, and basically turned my attention to the scrappy quilt. The panels needed trimming to size, a zipper installed, and all the sides stitched. Not very involved at all, so I just did it.


Two matching pillows for the front room sofa - win, win! I love the fabric on both sides - the blue side is sprinkled with haphazardly-shaped triangles, and the white side is script print. I changed the way each side is quilted - did you notice? The quilting on the blue side is evenly spaced, whereas the quilting on the white side is done in random widths.

One thing. That's the thing about quilting - there's ALWAYS one thing to do. And this one was super-duper fast to finish. Yay!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!