Saturday, August 7, 2021

Progress on Scrappy Irish Chain

I have not been here blogging, you may have noticed, but I have been sewing, and I can share the proof in today's post.

At last I have finished my Scrappy Irish Chain. The quilt is made with 12 setting blocks (top pile) and 13 scrappy blocks. These blocks measure out at 18.5 inches, and the quilt will be 90" square. In other words, a whopper!

Making this quilt was on my goals list for 2021, and I am happy to say that it is a completed flimsy. Item #12 in the list above is this quilt, even though on my list I misnamed it. It's definitely an Irish Chain, not a Trip Around the World.

Every single one of the intersections in these blocks was pressed open and then pinned to ensure that they matched as perfectly as possible. This has made the construction process take a bit longer than I'd like, but as I watched it come together, I knew it was worth the extra effort to have matched intersections.

Pictured above is an in-progess shot. It might look finished; trust me, it isn't. Daylight was getting away from me, so I snapped this picture of only the horizontal rows attached. By the time I finished the vertical rows, it was dark, so a picture of the completed flimsy will be coming soon. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





3 comments:

  1. She's a beauty! Quilt her right away so she's a complete finish, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! Are your pieces 2" or 2.5? I have this kind of quilt on my to-do list but not sure which size to use. I really like the yellow. Now, I'm pondering. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.


    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!