Sunday, August 1, 2021

Welcome August!

Oh my goodness, it's August already! Where does the time go?! 

Turning the calendar to August used to push my panic button way back when I was teaching full time.  The winding down of summer vacation always crept up on me, and then WHAM! August showed up and I freaked out about letting summer get away from me.

I can list several quilts that were borne out of that panic of a waning summer. *smile* That may be material for a blog post topic later this month. 

For now, let's think about what might be accomplished in this brand-spanking new month.

1. I will continue to stitch on Scrappy Irish Chain. I am slowly getting to the halfway point on the number of blocks needed. The pic below was taken at night, so shadows darken it quite a bit, but for design wall purposes, I am seeing what I need to see. And I love it!

2. I must quilt a baby boy quilt! I made the quilt top in June, and have pretty much moved on to other things. This little guy will be born later this month! I better get in gear! I haven't shown the full quilt top yet, as I want the family to see it first, so you'll have to be content to look at the fabrics used in it.

3. Way, way back in the early months of 2021, I made 4 blocks using Kaffe Fassett blues for a star quilt I was trying to duplicate. I love those 4 blocks, and I really need to get back to it. I want this quilt!

4. I must finish the block exchange stars for the Frankfort Girls' project. I might just set aside a full day for doing these; wonder how many I could do in a day?

5. DD Emma asked for a quilt last Christmas, and we have finally purchased the fabric for it. It will be so very easy to make, so I look forward to starting AND finishing it this month!Here's a sneak peak at the fabrics she selected. She wants a very neutral quilt with just one block. Hmmm. I will be sharing this whole creation with you as I go.

And, then of course, those ongoing projects that I wrote about a few days ago still hang around for whenever I need a change of pace.

Tomorrow I will be back with my July wrap-up and collage. It's always fun to look back and take stock of what we did.

Happy August! And Happy Quilting, Friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!