Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Goals for 2022

After giving this list some very deliberate thought, I believe I have come up with goals that satisfy me. It has a variety of new, old (UFOs) and current (WIPs) projects. I hope I don't get tired, bored, or frustrated with the UFOs - unfinished objects. And I hope I can maintain my verve for the WIPs - works in progress. Starting new things has never been an issue, for I am always ready to begin a new quilt; for me, that's the most exciting activity of all! 


It is so much fun to look forward to making these quilts as we enter this new year. I am always optimistic and hopeful that I can accomplish my goals. 

I figure that you might not have a clear idea of what a few of these look like, so I've pulled a few pictures to illustrate. First, Ocean Ripples is a blue Kaffe Fassett quilt made entirely of HSTs - oh, so easy and oh, so fabulous.

Lil' Orphan Scrappy is a pattern I bought a couple of years ago and have yet to start it. I have pulled a good bit of fabric, however, and it really needs to be started. This picture is grabbed from designer Lynn Wilder's Etsy Shop Sew'n Wild Oaks.

 Lil' Orphan Scrappy Quilt Pattern image 1

Great Granny Square and Mini Trip Around the World are  sorta' similar, but don't look it at all; at this time I am planning to make them with my scrap stash of 2.5-inch squares. 

Bee In My Bonnet
Great Granny Square from Pinterest search

Completed Scrappy Trip Around the World - Quilty Love
Mini Trip Around the World - Pinterest Search

So now you have some idea of the stitching I will be sharing this year. The greatest take-away as I consider the quilts on the list is that I am doing quite a lot of stitching of squares - the Trip Around the World, the Great Granny Square, the Double Irish Chain, for example, are all entirely made with basic squares. Easy! Simple! Striking results! 

And given that the UFOs and Lil' Orphan Scrappy will involve a lot more cutting and piecing of all shapes and sizes, those other simple square quilts will serve as a nice balance.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!