Friday, January 7, 2022

My Projects for Florida

As you know if you follow regularly, DH and I are spending the month in Florida. I could just not bear the thought of facing a month without sewing, so I put together a collection of hand projects that would be doable for me while on the road - from the passenger seat while in the car, from hotel rooms, and from the comfort of homes in which we'll be staying.

Hey, a quilter's gotta' do what a quilter's gotta' do, ya' know!?

I forced myself to limit the projects to what would fit in this collapsible tote. Of course, items that stuck out the top didn't count, so this mess is what made the cut.

It looks somewhat neater turned the other direction.

I've shared previously the cross stitch baby quilt I am working on for my niece's upcoming new addition. I worked on this just a bit on the drive down. That's why this is sorta' stuffed into the top of the tote.

My Lake Effect Quilt came along for the trip. This post is from about a year ago, so my progress moves at a snail's pace. All that applique still needs some finishing touches, and then, should I get that done, I can continue working to attach all the panels to the hexies. Those are folded into that see-through Missouri Star bag underneath.

And, if those two projects bore me, I have fabric and supplies for making EPP flowers. I even thought to bring a small iron and hot pad for pressing fabric.

So, I am set for a variety of hand work - cross stitch, applique or EPP. If I discipline myself (i.e. put the phone down), I can work on any of these while visiting with our hosts, sitting quietly in the evenings, or soaking up some Florida sunshine.

We arrived at my brother- and sister-in-law's last evening after dark, so we've spent today visiting with them and acquainting ourselves with the surroundings. We will be here about 10 days, then move on to see more of the state.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!