Monday, January 10, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

Stitching so far here in sunny Florida has been hit or miss. It's difficult to overcome pleasant weather and beckoning attractions.Here's a scene from near my brother-in-law's house. We are in a rather rural area of Florida and conditions for walking are perfect. Little traffic, safe streets, scenic vistas such as the one here from this morning's 2-mile walk - you see what I mean!?

I have spent time on my stitching, yes, but not much. You see, the vacation fun has not been my only obstacle. This printed pattern has some flaws that are forcing me to guess at the placement of stitches. This makes me wonder if these flaws weren't the reason that Grandma never continued working on this. She started, but didn't get far, which was not like her at all. Now that I've spent some time discovering this pattern's flaws, I think I am correct in this assumption. Here are three pictures of printing flaws; there are more than this, too. I've added arrows on two of pictures to help you see the flaws.

 



In this third picture, are you able to see the missing marks? It's supposed to be a duck, so I will have to figure out the stitching the best I can. All of the objects will have to be done just the same - as best I can, whether it's precise with the way it's supposed to be or not. If it looks like a duck that will be the goal.

Fortunately, I do have the pattern picture to reference, and believe me on just the bit of stitching I've done so far, I definitely refer to the picture. And I have to say that so far, my stitching is really sloppy, but I am soldiering on. I have to believe I will improve as I go, and the little bits of beginning stitches will be lost when viewing the quilt as a whole. I hope.

Wish me luck! I will NOT be daunted by these flaws!

Please join me and other hand quilters over at Kathy's Quilts as we join into her Slow Sunday Stitching party.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jayne, Try using a Frixion pen to complete de X marks in the fabric, where there are printing flaws. Hope this helps.
    Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been hard on Grandma's eyes to know where to stitch if the Xs were missing. Especially if she had poor eyesight to begin with. Good thing you have the pattern in colour. I'm with Ivani on this one. I too would remark the Xs with a Frixion pen. I cheer you on. You know someone will fall in love with it and it will be one less thing in the landfill. Kudos to you. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!