Monday, January 3, 2022

Sewing With Sharon

 

Since I will be unable to sew with Sharon for a few weeks, I thought it would be a good idea to show you some of her recent projects that I've been accumulating, but have yet to share. We have plans to sew together again the first week of February, so our break won't last too long.

Back in September, we both decided to work on Jelly Roll quilts, but Sharon was finishing her Scrappy Irish Chain, so started just a bit later. We both did the same pattern, and I really like her decision to use a snowball block with her 9-patches. I altered my pattern and opted for a single floral print in place of the snowballs. Click here to see my version. She soon finished her JR quilt, but just recently added a border, which actually is not showing up all that well in the picture above, unfortunately. Trust me, it looks good. *smile*

Next, she did what is always fun - she played around with some fabrics to see what she could come up with. This table runner was her result, and her plan was to give it to her daughter.

And finally, as we ended one year and entered another, a brand new kit will be a fun start to the new year. Sharon said she used some gifted cash for this kit and went straight to work on it last Thursday when we last sewed together.


Doesn't that look like the perfect winter-time project? The fabrics are so cool, and the pattern has a feel of frosty, snowy blankets across the landscape. It's name, Tahoe, evokes snowy ski slopes, so yes, a perfect winter project. I am sure the finish will look spectacular.

That brings us up to speed with Sharon's recent activity. As you read this, we are southward bound to warmer climates. Hopefully, I will be stitching on that baby quilt as we motor along. I have stored up lots of pictures and plans for blogging through this month while I am away from my sewing room, and soaking up some Florida sunshine.

Happy Quilting, Friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!