Saturday, January 15, 2022

Pulling Fabric

The very thought of making quilts with the fabrics I am sharing today is akin to a kid looking forward to Christmas. It's no secret that I love beginning new projects, and ideas just swirl all the time.

Late last month I put together some fabric groupings which I feel will definitely become quilts very similar to the inspiration quilts I shared in the previous post.

Four fabrics, three of which read solid and that pretty little green and gold print. I could very easily see this becoming a 9-patch.

This grouping has just three components - blue solid, grey solid and the print. I do not recall buying the print, so it could be very old stuff from Grandma's stash.

In addition to these recent pulls, I have some pulls from years past that have not yet been used, so I could return to them and come up with something.
 

Several years ago, I had the idea of making a fall quilt with some or all of these. It still appeals to me, and any of those quilts from the last post would work with these.

This grouping of three fabrics is growing on me. I really had no good ideas for the pink/burgundy print on the bottom, so since it almost reads solid, I put it with two other fabrics that also read solid and came up with this. I think it works. What do you think?

When I last straightened up my fabric tubs which are organized by color, I took these prints above out of the red tub. I just thought they really did not work as red, even though not counting the backgrounds, the main color is in the red family. I know that vivid red plaid doesn't play well with the others, but I can sorta' see a quilt coming together with the rest.

The grouping above all contain that odd color in the wine/burgundy/purple range. I would definitely like this stack made into something. Would you use some or all of it? Does a neutral need to be added? Which inspiration quilt from my previous post do you think would work?

This is my red tub from the last straightening up, and for the most part, it looks the same still. My blue tub, my green tub, and so on look very similar. I need to work at using these rather than storing these. And definitely use these as opposed to buying more!

Here's a nice red grouping that could work nicely as a 9-patch made with the top 4 fabrics; the large floral on the bottom could be the setting blocks. Ooh, yes, yes, yes.

The dreaming continues. And, for DH and I, the vacation continues. Yesterday, we visited a quilt shop in Crystal River. I will share more about it soon. I am not getting nearly as much stitching done as I thought I would. I have worked on that printed cross stitch baby quilt, but only minimally.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. I really like dreaming about and starting new quilts too. All of your fabric selections are lovely. I especially like the purples.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!