Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Checking In With the Frankfort Girls

Oh my gosh, it has been since December 17 since we quilty girlfriends were all together, and how I have missed them! With my being gone in January, and then weather postponing one meeting, we finally reunited this past Friday morning at Terry's. Let's see some show and tell offerings!

Jan was binding this golf-themed quilt for a recent high school grad who was a state contender from her district. Since Jan and her hubby own and operate a golf course, they have a special bond with this young woman. I think the quilt will be a huge success when gifted.

Sharon O. shared this little beauty with us. All hand done, it was a gift from Becky (I think!) in our group. It looks like it would have been quite fun to stitch and put together.

The final share is one that Terry had for us. She has a long arm and quilts most of her own quilts, but this quilt was special and she sent it out to be custom quilted by a friend in her guild. The finish is magnificent! I took several pictures in hopes that you can adequately see the detail.



And I shared some of my recent finishes, but you've already seen them in earlier posts. I love the diversity of the quilts my little group makes. We keep one another on our toes! We don't really compete for attention, but we do so well at encouraging one another and helping when needed, and suggesting ideas when one is in a funk. To say that we are a close-knit group would be a total understatement. We seem to help each other thrive!

I hope you have the benefit of stitching friends! I have another one coming over shortly - Sharon P. will be here for our weekly sewing day! Temecula Baskets is on my menu. Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!