Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Temecula Baskets Progress

As much as I am itching to start something new, I am making myself finish at least one WIP (work in progress) before I do. I don't dislike the quilt I am attempting to finish; I just really like starting new things more. 

So, follow through is the name of the game this week. And here is where things stand at present with my Temecula Baskets. I laid out all my blocks on the bed and made the extra blocks I needed. For baskets, this has six vertical rows of baskets with seven baskets in each vertical row. I next needed to cut my side and corner triangles.

Earlier this month I'd seen a timely sale advertisement from Hancock's of Paducah on this bundle of Temecula reds. What perfect timing! Red triangles to surround this quilt will look great. It took me about 10 seconds to get the credit card and order this fat quarter bundle. I pulled the darkest of the reds from this bundle to make my triangles.

I started stitching rows, and gosh I was loving how the red works so well to set off my baskets. Here's a sneak peak of the first few rows.


I stopped last evening after getting all the diagonal rows stitched, and some of the shorter rows joined. With 8 more seams to sew, I am definitely in the homestretch and will have a finish this week, God willing. I am pinning a lot - every intersection and any other places that warrant. It takes longer but I will be more pleased with the results, I believe.

Click here to see information on the very beginning of this quilt. I have worked on it since around Thanksgiving, as it was on my goals list for 2021. Click here for an early progress update. It may not have been finished in '21, but it's not going to linger too far into '22, by gosh. Bonus: a finish here will take care of an item on my goals list for 2022!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






2 comments:

  1. Wow the reds are perfect! They really make the baskets pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you think so! I sure am glad to have made this choice!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!