Sunday, February 13, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

I'm rather pleased to tell you that I hand-tacked the binding on two quilts this week. Recent finished quilts had been given the machine-bound treatment, but these two smaller quilts were tacked down the old-fashioned way -  on my lap with needle and thread.

I had an audio book I wanted to listen to, so I needed something quiet to do while it was playing. Some books lend themselves to listening while machine-stitching, but this was one I couldn't follow unless I gave it my full attention. I'll get to the book later; let me get back to the quilting.

The most recent finish was last evening when I finished off French General Charms. I wrote about it in my previous post. I am just discovering that I've misnamed it in that post, though, so here is the correct name -  Chock Full O' Charm.

This morning, I spread the quilt out on the bed and snapped these few pictures. Because it is more lap-size, it just barely covered the top of this queen-size bed. This gives you a good look at the whole quilt, and that beautiful border print. This was the only change-up I made to the pattern. It called for 6.5-inches wide; I used 8.5-inches wide just because that fabric is so very gorgeous.

This is the second quilt finished on the long arm this month, and if I get really industrious, I think I will be able to get myself on schedule for accomplishing my goal of quilting two per month. It helps when I select smaller quilts, but I will have to do some big ones at some point.

My previously finished quilt with hand-stitched binding was this baby quilt you saw a few posts back.

I will link with Kathy over at her weekly Slow Sunday Stitching party. Wonder what all the ladies are up to today? Do you suppose any of them will be watching the Super Bowl tonight? I'll be rooting for the Bengals!

Oh yes, the book! The Perfect Horse by Elizabeth Letts is based on the actual events occuring before, during, and after WWII involving rare purebred stallions which were taken by the Nazis in much the same way they took priceless art and artifacts. Click the picture to be taken to the Amazon link. I still have a couple chapters to go; I have found it fascinating. Kudos to Letts who did a tremendous amount of research.


Happy Quilting, Friend!




3 comments:

  1. The book looks fascinating. Thank you for the thumbs up; I will have to buy this one. As for your two quilts, both are lovely. I especially love the Chock Full of Charms with all those pretty squares of fabric. The border fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Chock Full O' Charm is beautiful. The pinks, roses, and reds (with just a touch of blue) all work so well together. I suppose that often happens when using one line of fabric! Well done to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!