Thursday, February 24, 2022

Temecula Basket Flimsy

I am proud to show off a flimsy this morning! Feast your eyes on Temecula Baskets! I finished off those last 8 seams yesterday afternoon, and have this stunning beauty pinned to the design wall. I am so very happy with the finish.


I suppose I could go back into the archives to see when I bought all my Temecula fabrics. Who has time for that? I sure don't. The colorful fabric for the baskets came in one online order; the background fabric came in another; the red fabric for the border came just recently in one more order.

The pattern is one I dreamed up. I thought I'd like to use the bright colors for simple baskets, so I found Baby Bunting, a block I found in Judy Hopkins' book 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks. I love that book and refer to it often. I took the less colorful gray fabrics to make the double 4-patch setting blocks. 

For more complete details and links, check out my last post.

 

At the time I was making the blocks, I didn't really have an idea for how I would set the quilt together. I tried out a couple of layouts, and this one seemed most pleasing to me - especially after ordering that red bundle. It just sorta' worked itself out. 

I am glad for this finish. It allows me to check an item off my goals list for 2022. That's a nice bonus. It also allows me to more actively consider starting a new project. I have a gazillion ideas for 9-patch quilts, and I have a hankering to make a Kaffe Fassett quilt in blues. Which direction will I go???

Here's another look at Temecula Baskets. She's just so darn pretty!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you are so happy with your lovely quilt top. It's a great design with those double four patch blocks giving the baskets room to shine. The red setting triangles work so well. I don't think I'd ever have thought to use red. Thank you for sharing your inspiring design.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!