Monday, June 20, 2022

Frankfort Girls


We met at Sharon O's house last Friday morning; six of the seven were present. (We missed you, Helen!) I couldn't say how long it has been since all 7 of us were together. Various illnesses, vacations and appointments are forever getting in the way of perfect attendance. I'd missed last time due to vacation, and I was really eager to catch up with these dear ladies.

And catch up we did. My goodness, our 3-hour session surely goes by in a flash. We were fed well by our hostess, and we had some show-and-tell items to share. Let's look:

Feast your  eyes on this Tumbling Blocks quilt that Becky made - entirely by hand! Wowzers! It it a reproduction lover's dream, for sure. She said that she did not repeat a single fabric - quite a statement about the depth of her stash, isn't it?

Terry shared a finish that you all have seen before. Let's look at the quilt first. She was stitching on the binding while we visited on Friday.

Do you recall seeing it about a month ago?? At that time, it was in its construction phase, and I trimmed a lot of those half-square triangles. Check this post for the visuals. Now Terry, feeling loads better, has finished it and nearly has it ready for use.

This close up picture lets you get a good look at the blocks, and Terry's quilting. The ticking fabric for the sashing strips is lovely. Those blocks finish at 4".

And I shared by impromptu froggy quilt; here's another look at it.


 We visited; we sewed; we ate; we strolled through Sharon's pretty yard - all in all, a delightful morning. They always are with these gals.

Hope you have had a productive Monday! I have done zero sewing for about 3 days; instead my attention has been diverted by a bit of an update in our house. I will share more details on that very soon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!