Tuesday, June 14, 2022

We're Home!

What a vacation! So many amazing sights. If anyone doubts America's beauty, they simply need to drive - off the interstates! - 6000 miles to have a look around. Our travels took us through 13 states and 6 National Park sites, 5 of which were new to us. My phone's camera roll reached capacity at one point, and I backed off my rampant photo-snapping late in the trip; my memories will have to suffice.

 

 


While we have driven out west twice before, the country is so expansive it would take dozens of trips to see all the sights. I am awestruck by the incredible beauty of snow-topped mountains, vast forests, sparkling rivers and frequent glimpses of waterfalls, wide open prairies, grazing buffalo, elk, and antelope, and the most amazingly blue skies you can imagine. 

We  had hoped  to see more of the west - especially all the National Parks in Utah, but the Pacific Northwest took so much of our time, we decided Utah will wait. A future trip will include Utah's many landmarks. We were not interested in rushing through places; we tried to linger and enjoy the beauty.


 

We arrived back here at home late afternoon yesterday, and before the day was done, I had sewing room time! I sure missed by sewing room! And yesterday was National Sewing Machine Day, so it was necessary to sew in honor of such a day.

 

Is it ever NOT the time to make 9-patch blocks? I think not. These are made chain-piecing style with 2-inch strips. 

My goal is to make a happy, cheerful quilt for DD Erin, our expectant momma! Won't this be a happy quilt for a new mother? Can't go wrong with Kaffe!

So far, 25 are done, and many, many more to come. I need to check my book and the instructions to see how big this will finish and and how many 9-patches are needed.

I will get all those necessary details for a future post; you know you'll be seeing more on this quilt before it is finished.

Hope you are having a great week! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!