Saturday, June 25, 2022

Kaffe Fasset's Wonderful Colors

Or, let's stop and smell the roses!

Finally, all 100 of the 9-patch blocks are made, and I want to take just a moment to make note of the wonderfully vibrant colors that Kaffe Fasset's fabrics are known for. Wanna' have a stroll through a garden full of color? Let's go!

My ten sets of ten 9-patch blocks. All ready for the next step. The quilt is called Spring Double Nine Patch, and these colors were selected to convey a bright spring flower garden with all the pops of color.
 


I have totally enjoyed digging through my tubs of KF fabrics to pull these old pieces. Many times I used scraps from previous makes, which has been gratifying. I suppose many of these are now discontinued, as they have been in my stash for a very long time.

These present quite a stark contrast to the sweet pastel florals in yesterday's post, don' they? I like all the fabrics!! *truth!* 

Frequently I am reminded of my late grandmother's reaction to my showing her a quilt made with KF fabrics - she definitely turned up her nose. She was not impressed. Not to her liking at all! Indeed, these are very different from the calicoes she used!

I hope our little stroll provided a cheerful start to your Saturday. DH and I are now headed out to a garden center to see what the end-of-season sales have to offer. Real flowers, not fabric ones. *grin*

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!