Wednesday, June 1, 2022

It's June!


As hard as it is to believe, June is upon us. The productivity for me in the sewing room might drop off a bit this month. We are going to be away for about half of it. Traveling! Seeing this great country! Stopping at some bucket list attractions! 

I will share as often as possible here, but I don't look to be as regular at posting as I was in May. And speaking of May, let's have a look at the highlights of the month.

TOP ROW: This first quilt represents several I quilted on the long arm this past month, and two of those were for a bona fide customer! The picture of the piano is to remind me that after 30 years, it has gone to live at someone else's house. All our kids had lessons using this piano, but for the past 10-15 years, it has just gathered dust. Time to move it out and on to someone who'll use it! After the piano was removed, the real dirty work began - pulling up 30-year-old carpet. We will be having wood-like flooring installed as soon as we get home from our vacation, so this dirty job had to be done prior to leaving.

MIDDLE ROW:  My Stepping Stones quilt was a totally fun quilt to make and I just love the results. I made up everything about it and used fabrics already on hand. Center stage are the 4 long applique panels for my Lake Effect quilt. This is the ONLY sewing project to come with me on vacation, so I hope to report some progress soon. Leftovers from my Stepping Stones quilt resulted in this smaller version. 

BOTTOM ROW: The Pinwheel baby quilt was another totally made up quilt that also delights me. What fun those pinwheels are! The final two pictures are patriotic finishes that I was spurred to do before the Memorial Day weekend. Patriotic Dreams is a table topper I made last summer, and quilted in May. Stars and Stripes pillow is a one-day project I did on the 30th.

Here's hoping for a memorable June!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. So glad Lake Effect is going along on the vacation! No matter how little is accomplished, it is that much closer to the finish! Happy stitching and happy vacationing!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!