Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Snowball Quilt

Yes, I started another quilt. When I was packing for last week's retreat, I literally made a very rash last-minute decision to throw in 2 fabrics that I have quite by accident put together, and I think this might be just the thing.

Let me back up a bit to provide some pertinent background details. I bought the green print in 2021 (I think!) while at the Needles and Pines Retreat in Nelsonville.  It has been moved to various locations around my quilting room as I have tried frequently to find complimentary fabrics to work with it. Finding nothing that "wowed" me, I went with a blotchy neutral of creamy gold and beige. I bought the neutral while vacationing this past June; we found a little quilt shop in a remote part of Nevada - Winnemucca.

One entire morning of retreat was devoted to cutting strips and squares for these two blocks. First I made a few of these.


 And then, I made a few of these.

On my goals list for this year is to make a quilt like this - snowball blocks combined with 9-patches. I like the look of the 2-color quilt, so I stopped dithering over fabric combinations; this shall be a 2-fabric quilt. Here's my inspiration pic.

And here is how my first few blocks look when paired together. 

Like I frequently do, I put this pic through a photo-editing app to see a mock up of the eventual quilt. 

I'm going to be happy with this, for sure. The two blocks are super-easy to construct, I can work for a good long while as I listen to my audio book. The outlook is promising from where I sit!

Hope you are creating a bit of magic today! I am headed back to the quilting room.

Happy Quilting, Friends!







2 comments:

  1. I really like this pattern. It's very easy yet looks sort of complicated when all done. I am sewing one now with muslin, a flower fabric and turquoise corner pieces which shows up the stars well. Been away camping with no internet so just catching up on my blogs. You've been busy! Lots of pretty projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how many yards of floral fabric did you have?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!