Saturday, August 13, 2022

Off the Tin Lizzie

I'm not posting too often, I know, but I am getting a few things accomplished. You know, these last few days have just been so doggone perfect here that I have spent a couple of days poolside at my sister's house. What luxury!

On Thursday, I took this quilt off the long arm machine, and have spent a few hours stitching binding. I still have about half to go, and I will finish that off today or tomorrow.

You say you don't remember having seen this quilt? Correct. I have not shown it before. It is one of the Kay quilts I am quilting for her. The fabrics are by Amy Butler/Westminster. 

Just like the last quilt I had on the long arm, this time, too, I had an eyelash problem on the backing side of the quilt. I was alert this time, though, and did not have too terribly much stitching to remove.

I'm getting pretty good at partially removing a quilt from the frame and un-stitching. This was relatively straight forward, and I connected it back to the header when I was finished with removing the eyelashes.

As I am doing with all the remaining Kay quilts, I am holding onto them until all are ready to be handed off. At that time, I will post full photographs of them finished and on a bed.

I am prepping for a 4-day quilting retreat. Cutting fabric for 70 stars is on my current agenda. Yes, pictures will be forthcoming. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!