Thursday, May 4, 2023

April Wrap-Up

Gosh, I have a hard time making myself come to the laptop for blogging updates. The laptop has some funky things going on - some keys refuse to type on occasion - so it's just easier to avoid altogether!

The April wrap-up has been ready to share and I have a couple more updates worth sharing, so let's get to it.

ROW 1: You all know that my quilting output has diminished significantly this year, and family has been more prominent! The top 6 pics of my collage represent some special family moments in April. The top 3 pics are all from granddaughter Cate's first Easter Sunday! She is shown with her Uncle Adam, Great Grandma Jeannie, and Great Uncle Mark. 

ROW  2: Later in the month, daughter Emma "Auntie Em" plays with Cate, Mom poses with her first cousin Dave; and I hold my darling sleepy girl.

ROW 3: Now to the sewing - My hexie flowers have reached a grand total of 56, and that is where I stop. I will applique them to squares for a quilt. The William Morris economy blocks are looking good, and I will have more to say about that below. Last, DH and I and another couple spent a fun day antiquing; I came home with this sweet collection of red transfer ware dishes.

The economy blocks are completed, and I have gone straight to work sewing them together. This quilt will have such drama! Those sweeping Morris florals, leaves and birds in various sultry colorways really have impact. I will have a full flimsy reveal in a day or two.

The little adventure DH and I had on Tuesday was to the Cleveland Museum of Art to view the Tudor Exhibit. I have had a long fascination with all things British royalty. I've ready nearly every book written by noted author Philippa Gregory, and would without a qualm re-read most of them. This CMA exhibit featured art from the Tudor Era and while there was plenty of works directly linked to Henry VIII and Elizabeth I, there were many additional pieces on display that were from that era, but unrelated to the royal family.

The portrait above is one piece in the exhibit, and in an upcoming post I will share several other pictures I took of the artwork that most attracted me - the needlework. It was exquisite!

A final note today from the quilting room. I shared in an earlier post that I'd had the pleasure of spending Sunday with both daughters and granddaughter Cate. DD Emma wanted help with finishing a baby quilt, and DD Erin was here because S-I-L Jeff was golfing with DH. (Do you have all that straight?)

Gramma,Cate and Erin.

Anyway, because we were in the quilting room, pictures were taken. This was Miss Cate's very first visit to the quilting room, and thankfully Emma recorded the event. 

Does she look as interested in binding a quilt as I think she does? 

Who knows what magic Cate and Grammy will create in this room in the coming years!?!! It will surely provide lots of entertainment! Perhaps I will clean it in the meantime. *grin*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!