Sunday, May 21, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Gonna' have to be short and sweet today, Peeps, as DH and I are preparing to take off for a little Hocking Hills getaway.

I'm taking only one little bit of stitching, and it will be super fast and easy.

This EPP flower will be stitched to the background fabric. I've prepped the background (7" square) by folding for center. Then glue-basted the flower in place.

Why am I working on something never before shared here?

Basically, I am practicing for a bigger job. I made just a few of these awhile back and really never had any particular project in mind for them. I will applique the Grandmother's Flower Garden hexies to plain background fabric, and thought maybe a trial run would be wise.

I've done a couple already and it's pretty easy stuff; no need to be concerned when it comes time to do the GFG hexies.

Back-basting applique is my preferred applique method; I've tried lots of other methods that were not as easy as this.

Joining in on the Slow Sunday Stitching party over at Kathy's Quilts. Pop on in to say hi!


Now we are off for some adventuring!

Happy Quilting, Friends!







4 comments:

  1. Such sweet little hexie flowers to work on while you're away, but I wonder, you'll be too busy having fun at Hocking Hills to stitch, won't you?? =) Have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that our getaway is over, I will admit to not working on the little flower - I got a stomach bug and we came home early. Really disappointed, too, as we love HHills, and wanted to enjoy a peaceful couple of days.

      Delete
  2. What a great project for your travels. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I rarely get sick, but a stomach bug brought our getaway to a halting end. Bummer!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!