Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Hello May!!

 If you're living in Ohio or the surrounding states, you may have done a double take of the calendar - our weather is definitely too cold and windy and gray for May.  Gracious! 

Regardless of the weather, I am eager to start a new month, and look forward to brighter, sunnier days - soon!

Typically, I have a  short list of goals for a new month, but based on my track record of the last 3-4 months, I am reluctant to make any more goals. My goal accomplishment record for '23 is dismal. Most glaring: I have not done a thing on the long arm machine - and that was one of my biggest goals for the entire year. 

I sense that perhaps I am in some sort of transition, but to or from what? Is it possible that I don't have the same verve for quilting as I once did?

This is too big a notion to ponder this morning, so let's look at what's been going on around here.

I've got a big ol' pile of economy blocks that are now ready to be stitched into a quilt top. This will hopefully be accomplished in the next couple of days.

On Sunday, we had a special little guest to love on. Cate is 6 months already and just the sweetest, most darling little nugget ever! How can a baby be so perfect? *smile*

I have my April collage ready to go and I will share it tomorrow. No time today! DH and I are off on a little adventure!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your posts, Jayne. I do love the new lighter colours added to your Morris quilt. I have Morris fabrics too that I haven't dared cut into. This has given me the push I need to start that. I also love those Floral Diamonds and Of course, would love to make one like that too. But that little darling in your arms is the true shining star of your posts. So precious!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!