Friday, June 3, 2011

Quilting with the Girls

The Frankfort girls were here this morning for our bi-weekly quilting get-together. The weather is so pleasant right now that we convened on the screened porch where we were serenaded by songbirds and the soothing sound of the water fountain.

JoAnn finished off a little wall-hanging she'd been working on. She is the queen of using up scraps. Nothing goes to waste - that's JoAnn's mantra.

Sheryll is doing this incredible applique quilt. I admire her ambition. I love applique, but have not gotten to the point where I would entertain the thought of undertaking a project of this size. I do have a couple of applique UFOs, however. (Note to self: I should get those out and share them here on the blog.)


Sharon worked on a little cross-stitch teddy bear for a new grandbaby coming soon to her family.  She plans to make a baby quilt using the teddy bear motif. Planning ahead! It's a completely foreign idea to me, but I think it must work.

Terry ironed stars onto squares for a quilt she's making for her son and his bride-to-be. She (Terry, not the bride-to-be) has just had a cast removed after carpel-tunnel surgery, so she's slowly regaining use of her hand. I didn't think to take pictures of her work until after she'd put her stuff away. I will get pics of it at some point.


I finished the binding on my little Thimbleberries table-topper. It perfectly covers the chest that we use as a coffee table in the family room.

Graduation party countdown: yesterday was cleaning day; man, did I tear into this house! It's amazing the dirt I found. I was wiped out at day's end!

Today, after quilting, was grocery day. One cart barely held all the groceries I bought. And I think I saw smoke coming out of the checkbook as I signed the check. Whew...do I need to say anything about the rising cost of groceries??? Also, today the tent was delivered and set up.

Tomorrow is cooking day. Whoo-hoo! Things are coming together nicely!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!