Friday, May 17, 2013

Loose Threads Quilt Club

Fun. Just plain fun.

That's what kind of day I had yesterday. My trip to visit the Loose Threads Quilt Club and my cousin (first cousin once removed) Marilyn surely ranks right up there as one of the most enjoyable days with quilters ever.

Quilting is such a hobby that invites sharing, and that is exactly what we did. This group has lots of laughs, while at the same time offering up a fair amount of helpful ideas and suggestions. I told Marilyn last night that it never ceases to amaze me how complete strangers can have such a fun day of genuine sharing, but quilters have figured out how to do just that.

Enough of the talking - let's get on with a few pics of the day! I must get this posted and then get ready for my next "event." (I've covered several in the last few posts, if you want to work backwards.)


Say hello to this friendly group! Marilyn is there in the first seat. They welcomed me with open arms and made my visit so special.


I took two baskets full of quilts, from oldest to freshly made quilt tops. I grouped them according to age and my progression through quilting.  That pile in the upper right is the antique stack. The two double Irish chains in the middle are my early chain piecing efforts (mid-1980s) and the pink Irish chain is the very first one I hand quilted.


I also took a fair amount of "flimsies" or quilt tops. These are representative of what I have made since retiring. I couldn't bring everything, and of course, I have had a few quilted and given as gifts.

Several of the girls wanted to know patterns and additional details. I will be happy to supply any information I can, so just message me however you like and I will be in touch!

Also, I will be cleaning some of my soiled quilts, folding them differently, and making labels for them! I took the antique ones to my grandmother's later yesterday; she helped me with details for the ones she'd given me.

Time to hit the shower! Frankfort girls await!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Jayne,
    Thank you for doing the trunk show for us. Your quilts are absolutely wonderful! Sounds as if you have enough for another trunk show someday. Happy stitching!
    Sylvia Baker

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!