Saturday, October 15, 2016

Chaos Update

A few days back I mentioned that we were in the midst of painting our entire downstairs. Today I thought I'd show you the new color. Farewell 80s and 90s.  We are moving into the modern era.


The old color is Bran Muffin; our new color is Agreeable Gray. We hit up Sherwin Williams today and quite by accident took advantage of a 40% off sale. Win!!

And as I promised, as DH paints, I quilt. So far I estimate I have 7 hours of quilting in on Erin's Diamonds. I have made my way across the entire bottom of the quilt.

I figured a little bit of mental math earlier. I will probably get precise with these numbers at some point, but for now, I estimate that there are 420 or so diamonds in this quilt. Over 50 are now quilted, so I am at least 10% done. The quilting has been pleasurable. I like using the Pearl Cotton, and the big-stitch technique is an easy adjustment to make.

I like seeing how the red pops against the various colors in the Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Fun all the way around, for sure.

Today, DH and I are taking a break from the chaos. We are making a weekend trip back to Belmont County, OH, to visit old family landmarks. We are traveling in a 15-passenger van, and traveling with us are my great aunt and uncle, their daughter, my mother, my sister and her husband. Uncle John and Aunt Nina are the last remaining members of my grandparents' generation, so we are hoping to soak up as much family lore and history as possible in the region where they were born and raised.

Tomorrow I will show you some close-up pictures of my progress on Erin's Diamonds. I've tried to get interesting shots so you all can see the same close views that I see as I quilt.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!