Sunday, October 9, 2016

Erin's Diamonds - Quilting Has Begun

In the midst of great upheaval here at the homestead, I have managed to finally take a few stitches in Erin's Diamonds.

The stitching should go quickly, as Erin wants big stitches in straight outlines around all the diamonds. The thread is pearl cotton in red, and will look spectacular when finished, no doubt.

Yes, I did mention upheaval in my intro. It's not bad or catastrophic; just normal stuff going on. You heard about the big sewing room make-over from a week ago. I am still trying to put things right, and will need several more days to make a significant difference.

On top of that, the entire downstairs is in the process of getting painted. That is formal dining room, front room, hallway, and main living area (kitchen, everyday dining and family room). This has led to almost everything being displaced. We have stuff everywhere. We decided that the antique quilt frame which had been set up in the front room would be in the way, so it has now been moved to the everyday dining area (see picture above). So where do we move the table? Into the family room. So where do we move the chest which serves as a coffee table? Screened porch. Where do we put all these excess chairs and bar stools? Basement. Where do we put all the pictures and knickknacks from shelves and walls? Piled on the front room sofa. Or kitchen counter. Or stacked on other furniture.

It's total chaos, let me tell you.

In a month's time, I hope I am back with new pictures of a house returned to some semblance of normalcy. In the meantime, while DH paints, I will quilt.

With a quilt as gorgeous as this, I can enjoy some calm in the midst of the chaos. And that is exactly what I plan to do.

I will be linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday today.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. I hope your home gets back to normal quickly. At least you can sit and quilt. That quilt is very pretty. I love the red floss for quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!