Saturday, October 1, 2016

Welcome October!


A new month. A day when invariably I begin thinking of goals I want to accomplish by month's end. But first, I have to get through History Day, which is where I am today, demonstrating hand quilting. This is my7th year at this annual event, the first Saturday in October. What an enjoyable day, too. I will bring you pictures tomorrow, hopefully.

Let me catch you up on the sewing day Wednesday at Terry's. It has been months since we last had a day of sewing at her house, and we were quite ready to catch up with each other and get some stuff done!

I took a charity project that I needed to finish. This past spring our friend JoAnn brought us these panels and directions for a patriotic lap quilt that her Florida guild gives out to veterans. I agreed to make one for her, and since we are getting close to when JoAnn will make her trek back to Florida, I figured I'd best be getting busy on it.


The directions call for 2.5" strips of red, white and blue to be made into rail fence blocks. The construction was a piece of cake and by day's end, I had this center together. I will need to add a 4" blue border and a red binding.

It now hangs on my design wall waiting for when I can get back to it. In the mean time, I spent yesterday totally tearing up my sewing room and rearranging things. This was not a simple clean and tidy session. This was massive overhaul, to the point where I was feeling quite overwhelmed. It is beginning to look like it should again, and with a few more hours of sorting and filing and folding and such, I should be in good shape for a blog post about the re-do, so stay tuned for that.

The Blogger's Quilt Festival has concluded, and sometime today Amy will announce all the Viewers' Choice winners. Since I will be busy all day at History Day, I will have to wait until this evening to find out the results.

Have a blessed October, and
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!