Monday, October 31, 2016

Seasonal Endeavors

You know I am really good at getting sidetracked, and what with this newly cleaned room and most of my stuff put away, I really felt compelled late last week to play with some ideas that had been on my mind for awhile.

First, even though I will never have this finished for this Halloween (today!), I do like this tablecloth and figured I could get it done for next year.

Normally, I take enough pride in my work to press things, but remember, I was just playing, and pressing would mean that I was more serious about this project. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it.) Click here to see the Pinterest picture that inspired me. Normally, I do very little decorating for Halloween, but this just seemed really appealing.

The brown base fabric is from Terry's fabric sale, and while I didn't buy it for this purpose, when it eventually occurred to me, I knew it was the perfect choice for this tablecloth.

Seasonal item number 2 is a Christmas-oriented table runner. My drawing skills are quite rudimentary, and my bulb looks more like an egg than a Christmas light, but it's a start, at least.


So what do you think? Easter Eggs or Christmas Lights? The inspiration picture shows several of these strung the length of a white background and a holiday print for a border. The cord can be either appliqued or embroidered. While I found this on Pinterest, it originated on Etsy, and is no longer available as an active link.

So, I got my fill of playtime, and now I've folded these and set them aside. I  MUST finish the last of the t-shirt quilts. I have the vertical rows attached, and today I will construct the quilt top using sashing strips and cornerstones to keep everything square and even.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!