Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Thank You Gift

At the beginning of May, when DH and I took that whirlwind trip to Siesta Key in Sarasota, FL, we stayed at a condo that belongs to friends of my sister. I have finished a thank-you gift for those folks, and part of the gift involved a bit of sewing.

I shopped Amazon for appropriate beach condo accessories and found this pillow.


I learned, though, when it was delivered that I only bought the pillow cover. I would have to buy or make a form to fit inside. Since the pillow is an unusual shape/size, I knew I would have to make a form for the 11" x 18" pillow.


The form above is my second attempt. My first attempt was too lumpy and misshapen. This one looks somewhat wonky, but it fits just fine.


Ta-da!! It will look fantastic in the condo, on a sofa or chair or bed. I can't wait to deliver this to these friends via my sister. Plans are in the works for us all to go out for dinner on Friday night.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!