Thursday, August 30, 2018

Sharon's Daisy Chain Reveal

If you follow, you know that my wonderful friend and sewing companion Sharon and I are in the midst of making quilts with our stashes of Roman Holiday fabric. While I have been making baskets (which have taken me forever), Sharon has been working on a much faster jelly roll quilt called Daisy Chain. To see her earlier work, and to learn more about Daisy Chain click here.


Awhile ago, she constructed all these blocks, then most of August has been occupied with family events which afforded her little time for sewing, but finally on Tuesday she was back to work putting the blocks together.


She sewed together such a lovely pile of lusciousness! *sigh*

And when the day was winding down, she had even more lusciousness. This quilt top center is now finished off. Wow. What a fun quilt.





Sharon will be adding a border, and (oh, darn!) it will have to be red. Ha!! Fact: it was the breathtaking reds in this line of fabric that appealed to us in the first place. It will be fantastic. I am so eager to see her completion.

In the meantime, I will still be adding rows to my basket quilt. I plan to show you my progress in the next post. Stay tuned.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





2 comments:

  1. Sharon's quilt is very nice but I prefer the baskets you are making. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sharon's quilt! Lovely colors

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!