Sunday, October 7, 2018

A Bit of Hand Quilting

With each History Day comes an opportunity for me to hand quilt, and for the 2018 History Day project, I pulled out a Thimbleberries lap quilt measuring 56"x65" - not too big and perfect for simple grid quilting.


I try not to overthink most aspects of my quilting, especially when the quilt will be used and laundered, and definitely  not pampered. The pieced blocks (with the gold centers) lend themselves to a simple 9-patch-style grid, so I extended those lines into the larger unpieced blocks. Easy-peasy.


During the five hours of History Day festivities, I did a fair amount of stitching - in between visiting with friends and acquaintances who passed by my corner of the Grain and Hay building.


To enhance my little corner, I displayed some quilts. The ones with the orange stars are hand quilted. Three of them have actually been projects for previous History Day efforts.

I am linking with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, even though I admit that all this stitching was done on Saturday. Today, only reading and grading essays are on my agenda.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely photo of you hand quilting with all those glorious quilts peeking out in the background. How lovely they look. Your quilting stitches are fabulous. My hand quilting stitch refuses to follow the one before it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see a photo of you as you work away at your hand quilting, and your other work in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this blog post... sharing the love of quilting!
    That's a very useable size of quilting frame, and such a lovely photo of you in action!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!