Monday, October 8, 2018

Weekend Happenings

I make it sound like I'm all super-crazy-busy with exciting happenings at every turn.

Nah, not so much. However, I do feel like some days run at a fairly phrenetic pace.

(Betcha' didn't think I could throw a word like 'phrenetic' into the post, right?)


Friday, DH and I took a drive to Lake Hope; located near McArthur in Vinton County, OH. The days was largely overcast, but the remote, secluded surroundings of that lake and lodge and campgrounds was beautiful, regardless. DH remembered his parents taking a family vacation there when he was about 8 or 10 years old. He thinks one of the cabins below was the one they camped in so many years ago. How could he remember that???


On Saturday I had History Day, which was the subject of my last post. When that was over, I packed up all my stuff and headed out for a birthday bash in Wilmington. My mom's and my neices' birthdays are one week apart. Mother turned 82 on Thursday, and this week the twins will turn 11.



Intersperse those things with a van that needed to be retrieved from the mechanic's shop, the Buckeyes playing, as well as the Indians and the Browns, and a ga-zillion essays to read and critique, I have been a busy - mostly non-sewing - gal.

(Oh, and laundry. I had three loads. Ugh.)

One quilt-related pic I can include here from my fun weekend - I got to buy some fabric on the way to Lake Hope. There is a sweet quilt shop in McArthur, and I found some perfect baby quilt fabrics. I must get busy on these. Those babies sure don't wait, do they?


And now, I am off. More fun at OUC today! We are writing 'Argument Essays,' and the first rough drafts have just been submitted. Lots to cover, believe me.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are living life to the full. Lovely to have family within easy travelling distance so you can celebrate special occasions together. I don't envy you the essay marking!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!