Monday, October 22, 2018

Baby Quilt

In that long absence from blog-land, I did a good bit of secret sewing. I needed a baby quilt for a shower that was held on Saturday. You got a little tease about this project back in this post, but I said as little as possible so that no surprises were inadvertently revealed.


I have to say that I love how this turned out. You know, this could very well be the fastest I have ever completed a quilt. Truly! Bought the fabric on the 5th; gifted quilt on the 20th. Whoa!

I have made this design before - on this quilt. I cut the squares at 5 inches. Since I planned for the stripe to be the backing and binding, I needed to add some fabric for more variety on top; I had two solid blue pieces that blended nicely. I cut and sewed the whole top in one evening.


As I moved into sandwiching stage, I used spray-baste glue to layer the top to the batting and the batting to the backing. That was all I needed to move on to the quilting phase. Stitch-in-the-ditch was as complicated as I wanted, so like presto! it was done!


I love the stripes, and the binding stripes turned the other way looks great. Visually, I find it quite pleasing.


The baby shower was Saturday, and I failed to get a pic of the new momma with the quilt. Oh well, maybe after the little guy arrives, I will have a chance to get a pic with both Mom and Baby.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very nice baby quilt. I like simple quilts for babies, we know they're going to get washed a lot so simple is best! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!