Sunday, October 21, 2018

Big-Stitching

It's been quite a long stretch since last posting, and several things await to be shared here. First, in order to participate in Slow Sunday Stitching, I want you to see the big stitching I've begun on the Roman Holiday throw I made last winter.

Earlier this month, I prepped this throw and backing for History Day with the intention of quilting it with big stitches in a Baptist Fan design.


For now, I am stitching only half of these lines. With big stitches, I wondered about density, so after I see how I like this, I will decide whether or not I need to go back through and do the remaining lines.




The thread I'm using is 12 wt. cotton by Aurifil. I like the thread and the big-stitch technique, as I am making relatively quick work of this throw.

The party is over at Kathy's. Hope you can take a moment to snoop around.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty quilt, and the Baptist Fan pattern is perfect for it. I like Aurifil 12 wt for big stitch quilting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big stitching is a great alternative and does really speed things up! Perfect quilt for those Amish waves or Baptist fans! Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Big stitching is the only kind I can do, lol

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!