Saturday, October 27, 2018

Taking a Drive

In the last post I mentioned something about "a substantial amount of running around" which seriously bites into my sewing and quilting time.


Yet, I admit when it's my DH who suggests taking a drive, I face the temptation of begging off because so much has to be done. Shame on me! We so enjoy a pleasant drive around southern Ohio with so many interesting places to see within an hour of us.


One such place which we gravitate to more and more frequently is Hocking Hills. Even though the forecast was rainy and gray, we headed east to Vinton and Hocking counties yesterday for a little drive around.


The three pics above were all taken from the front seat of a moving car in between swipes of the windshield wipers. Finally, some fall color is showing up and I wanted to document it. I do not have any memories of a fall in which the colors came so late in October.

Take a closer look at the middle picture. On the left, the stone outcroppings are visible next to the road. This area of Ohio has the most cavernous rock formations! Our family had a weekend in Hocking Hills earlier this month, and I will write about it as soon as I sort out the gazillion pictures I took. The area is a true gem tucked into a very out-of-the-way spot.


On the way to Hocking Hills, we pass this barn with a fantastic quilt block. This is also the same road to Athens/Ohio University where DD2 Emma attended from 2011-15, so we have driven past this barn often. I don't think this block has faded one bit in all these years. I've always intended to make this block, yet have never done it.

Still rainy and gray here today. A good day for sewing.

Happy Quilting, Friends!






1 comment:

  1. My husband and I took a ride yesterday to admire the autumn scenery. Really wiahed I thought to photograph because it really was quite a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!