Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October Update

I gotta' get my act together! October is nearly over, and I have not accomplished near the tasks I had hoped.

This teaching gig is seriously digging into my sewing and quilting time. *whine!*

I had to cancel sewing yesterday with Sharon because I still had 15 essays to read. Plus, book club is tomorrow and I had barely started the book. (More on that later.) And I admit, I do a substantial amount of running around whenever friends or family want to do something. So, I am complicit in my sewing shortcomings.

I want to make the remaining week of October productive, so I am going on record right now with the following goals:

1. Finish the basket quilt top.


I have just 2 or 3 horizontal rows to attach along with their sashing strips. Should be one afternoon without interruptions to accomplish.

2. Finish Chock Full O' Charms quilt top.

Apparently, I haven't taken any pictures of the current CFO'C quilt, so above is a smaller version of it which I made 2-3 years ago. I am using 8 Charm Packs of Rachel Remembered, and it is going to be gorgeous! I have some of that luscious blue floral for the border. Mmmm… It will be a beauty. Stay tuned!

3. Finish the Schmidt baby quilt.


This has been a UFO for at least 3 months. I just keep putting it off. I have the border and backing fabric purchased. Like that first quilt, this would require just one nice, long session at the machine and I'd have a finish. Do I need to mention that this baby is at least 6 weeks old already?? *sheesh*

 So, three goals to try to accomplish by next Wednesday. Let's see how I fare.

Hope you are having a great Wednesday! I am about to head off to class. It's a gorgeous day!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. It's good that I can read such a great article. I admire the author of the post. I am impressed by all your projects. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great quilts looking to be finished! Just imagine the sense of accomplishment youll feel when one is done let alone all 3! Cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!