Sunday, March 10, 2019

Churn Dash Table Topper

Life has been pretty busy around here lately, and regular blogging has suffered for it! I suppose I ought to prepare a post for the "Et Cetera" files again. And I just might!

But, sewing and quilting and dreaming of all the quilts yet to make continues here at JQR. I finished off the churn dash quilt with some borders.

I like how it turned out, and I now am thinking about quilting options. Stay tuned for that. This will be a perfect table-topper and I have two spots in mind for it. Makes me want to finish it!

Plenty of leftover fabric remained on my cutting table, so I made a mini-quilt in a checkerboard style. It was fun to do, very easy, and I even put the free-motion foot on my Bernina and refreshed my memory on that particular skill. Close inspection would show some very ugly stitches, but from afar it looks great. I went ahead with a binding, and now it hangs on the door from our dining area into the garage.


The only other sewing-related news to report is that our local Ben Franklin is going out of business, so I grabbed up some 25-cents/each DMC embroidery floss. It appears my interest in embroidery is re-emerging, so this seemed like a prudent buy.

I have things to do today, so I am rushing this post. All - ALL - my kids (3 kids; 2 spouses/significant others) are coming for Sunday lunch and I have quite a spread planned. Lots of their favorites from over the years. They will love it. 

Hope you have a great Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!